Sunday, October 29, 2006

PCP Review

So what is PCP? The letters P-C-P are a bit of a pun, as PCP is a drug (which people often use at PCPs) or can be an acronym for "Palm Court Party". There are usually 3 PCPs per year (though this is now being contested), one in October to celebrate Halloween, in February for Valentines Day, and one at the end of the acedemic year to celebrate graduation.

The Halloween one is supposed to be the biggest and best of the three. This year the theme was Dr. Seuss, which was a sterling idea. There were a number of Sneeches, Daisy-Head Mayzies, Whos, ect. I went as Sally from Cat in the Hat, if she had ever left her house. 'If she had left her house' because I wore a hat, which I am sure she would have worn when she left the house (you don't really need to wear a hat at home). Other costumes were the usual lewd business that seems to be a pandemic. Some people got creative though, for example there was Birdflu (grim reaper robe, with little kid ducky costumes stuck to it), Little Pete from Pete and Pete and Arny the Strongest Man in the World, und so weit. There were some scary costumes, the creepiest I found to be was the Panda suit. Who was it behind that mask?

But in the end what did I think? The decorations were certainly an accomplishment, palm court was transformed into a Seussian cloudland. However, other than the set up, and a few more people (I was told there are usually more people at PCP), as well as all the other PCP paraphernalia (people tripping left right and center, security checks, police everywhere you turn and knowing the chillout room is there), it was ok. I guess an alright first PCP. I had a decent enough time. The organizers did a brilliant job, I had good company for the most part, and other than a couple of scratches nothing too bad happened to me (I didn't even get a run in my stockings).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home